Monday, December 20, 2010

The rest of the Haifa Trip

Sunday was the best, we got together with Hadas. If you don't know, Hadas and I were attached at the hip when we were young....as mom reminded me we were even planning to get married when we got older;) Her father lives in Israel and she came to visit so we were able to see one another. It was weird because she used to come here during the summers and I would imagine what it was like and then here we were in Israel together! It was so nice to see her and to see her dad Yossi.

Ben headed back to Beer Sheva in the afternoon and I stayed overnight with Hadas. We went into Tel Aviv the next day and even though we didn't have a lot of time it was really wonderful just being with her again. She is one of those people that no matter how long it has been since you have seen her, you still feel like old friends. One of those special friends that you can truly be yourself with. It was a great weekend.

I had my first experience traveling on my own in Israel that weekend as well. I left Hadas and got on the bus to the train station where I was to take the train to Beer Sheva and then the bus with Ben back to Eilat. However, it didn't work out that way. I got a bit confused on the bus when they didn't announce any of the stops and I didn't see the train station anywhere. Finally I asked someone where the train station was, but by that time I was in Ramat Gan (the next city over!). I got off immediately although by that time I had already missed the train that would get me to Beer Sheva for the bus on time (the next bus wouldn't be until 1 am). So instead I thought I would try something else and got on another bus to the Central Bus Station...my luck turned and I got there just in time to catch a bus all the way to Eilat. Ben took an earlier bus from Beer Sheva and all was fine. As it turned out I ended up on the same bus that I was going to take from Beer Sheva! So much for a smooth trip, but I stayed calm and it all worked out:)

Here is a picture of Hadas and I on Kibbutz Usha where her dad lives. We are in the grapefruit orchards in the picture and soon after we headed to the avocado orchards....yummy walk around the Kibbutz.

1 comment: